Merzouga is a village on the edge of the Moroccan Sahara that serves as a great jumping off point for greater adventures into the Sahara Desert. Many people take 3-day desert tours from Marrakech that include one night camping at a Berber desert camp in Erg Chebbi nearby to Merzouga. A night in the Sahara will give you phenomenal stargazing as well as a small look into the lifestyle of the nomadic Berber people.
Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate - Gorges of Dadès ( 6H00 DRIVEA DAY )
This programm will begin at 7 am from Marrakech. First, you will take the road to Ouarzazate. Your first stop will take place in the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou, where you will be able to visit its magical places, that are inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list. In the end of the day, you will finally reach the Dades gorges Valley, where you will enjoy a typical Moroccan dinner and spend your night in a small hotel or hostel, from where you will be able to admire an amazing view over the landscapes of the valley.
Gorges du Dadès- Toudra- Merzouga ( 4H30 DRIVE A DAY )
Your second day will begin with a good breakfast in the hostel before getting ready for the departure to the saharian village Merzouga, via the Toudra gorges. During the sunset, you will enjoy a 1.30 hour road riding camels, and to finish this beautiful day, you will enjoy a good dinner in a campsite under the stars of Merzouga’s dune sky.
Merzouga-Marrakech ( 8H30)
In the early morning, you will take a typical berber breakfast from Merzouga. Then, you will enjoy the sunrise by a camel ride in the dunes, before taking the road to come back to the pearl of the south Marrakech, going through the High Atlas Mountains.
Recommendations:Our suggestions for packing for your marrakech 3 days desert tour include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Warm clothes in the winter season;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers;
- Hat and sunscreen;
Cost Per Person
- You’ll be collected from your Marrakesh hotel/Riad at the beginning of your tour, or alternatively, we’ll pick you up from the closest accessible point to your accommodation;
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with our English/French speaking driver. Your desert tour will consist of no more than 17 passengers:
- Your first nights accommodation at the hotel in Dades Valley includes your evening meal and breakfast;
- In addition to your camel trekking adventure, your second night accommodation at our hidden desert camp at Erg Chebbi includes your evening meal and breakfast.
- Lunches and beverages;
- Personal expenses;
- Local guide at Kasbah Air Ben Haddow, which is optional.
Un tour estupendo, con un transporte muy cómodo y el chofer encantador y muy profesional. Destinos maravillosos y hoteles confortables. Muy aconsejable.