Merzouga is a village on the edge of the Moroccan Sahara that serves as a great jumping off point for greater adventures into the Sahara Desert. Many people take 3-day desert tours from Marrakech that include one night camping at a Berber desert camp in Erg Chebbi nearby to Merzouga. A night in the Sahara will give you phenomenal stargazing as well as a small look into the lifestyle of the nomadic Berber people.
Your second day will begin with a good breakfast in the hostel before getting ready for the departure to the saharian village Merzouga, via the Toudra gorges. During the sunset, you will enjoy a 1.30 hour road riding camels, and to finish this beautiful day, you will enjoy a good dinner in a campsite under the stars of Merzouga’s dune sky.
In the early morning, you will take a typical berber breakfast from Merzouga. Then, you will enjoy the sunrise by a camel ride in the dunes, before taking the road to come back to the pearl of the south Marrakech, going through the High Atlas Mountains.
Recommendations:Our suggestions for packing for your marrakech 3 days desert tour include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Warm clothes in the winter season;
- Trousers or jeans for camel trekking (shorts and skirts are not recommended);
- Phone and camera chargers;
- Hat and sunscreen;
- You’ll be collected from your Marrakesh hotel/Riad at the beginning of your tour, or alternatively, we’ll pick you up from the closest accessible point to your accommodation;
- You’ll travel in our modern air-conditioned minibus with our English/French speaking driver. Your desert tour will consist of no more than 17 passengers:
- Your first nights accommodation at the hotel in Dades Valley includes your evening meal and breakfast;
- In addition to your camel trekking adventure, your second night accommodation at our hidden desert camp at Erg Chebbi includes your evening meal and breakfast.
- Lunches and beverages;
- Personal expenses;
- Local guide at Kasbah Air Ben Haddow, which is optional.